The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center in Piggott includes the home and barn studio where Ernest Hemingway lived and wrote portions of "A Farewell to Arms.
The beautiful Arkansas River valley is the setting for Arkansas Wine Country , where four wineries on Ark.
Nearby Attractions :
- Arkansas Wine Country
- Boston Mountain Scenic Loop
- Pillow-Thompson House
- Queen Wilhelmina State Park
- Little Rock Campaign Driving Tour
- Crowley's Ridge Parkway
- Arkansas Post National Historic Site
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- Cane Creek State Park
- St. Mary's Mountain
- Phillips County Museum
- Arkansas River Visitors Center
- Arts and Science Center
- Pine Bluff Convention Center
- Pine Bluff Japanese Garden
- Arkansas Railroad Museum
- Delta Rivers Nature Center
- Harbor Oaks Golf Course at Pine Bluff
- Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
- Ouachita National Recreation Trail
- Photographer's Island
- Beaver Bridge
- Villa Marre
- Hillcrest Historic District
- Fall Color on Mount Magazine
- Aerospace Education Center
- Pedestal Rocks
- Mammoth Spring State Park
- Mountain Fire Tower
- Felsenthal National Wildlife Refuge
- Pine Mall
- Huddle House
- Ben Pearson Archery Range
- Arkansas Railroad Museum
Fun Things to do in Arkansas
Cheap, free, inexpensive, budget friendly, low-cost, economical, bargain - no matter how you describe it, everyone is looking for a vacation destination that falls into those categories. Look no further than Arkansas, The Natural State, the perfect place for a thrifty family vacation with a variety of free and inexpensive things to do.
Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame
Discover which famous entertainers have Arkansas ties by visiting the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame located in the Pine Bluff Convention Center. An animatronic statue of Johnny Cash "singing" several of his original songs greets visitors as they enter.
Greers Ferry Lake
There are ample opportunities for free fishing on both Greers Ferry Lake and nearby Little Red River. Swimming areas are found around the shore of the lake as well.
An authentic reproduction of a water-powered grist mill, The Old Mill in North Little Rock appears in the opening scene of the classic movie, "Gone with the Wind." Tour guides available by appointment.
Crowley's Ridge Nature Center
Nature Centers at Pine Bluff, Jonesboro and Fort Smith, plus the newest edition at Little Rock, showcase the best of nature found in each region.
Lum 'N' Abner Museum
The "Lum 'N' Abner" radio program is remembered at the Lum & Abner Jot 'Em Down Store and Museum in Pine Ridge, where pieces of Lum 'N' Abner history preserve an important era in American life.